Happy October everyone! I am so excited for the fall season and even more excited about the fact that it seems like the Arizona weather is finally going to cooperate and make it feel like fall too! October brings a super busy month for us that is filled with all our favorite things. Everything fall is upon us, pumpkin is working its way into everything from home décor to the food we eat (and even our drinks). It is the season of apple picking and getting lost in corn mazes. Then the month is topped off with Halloween. All of these things are what make October one of my favorite times of the year. This month we are featuring Everything October. Our posts will be about and be inspired by all of the things that make this month so fantastic.
To kick it off we are sharing with you a different style of monthly mood board than we usually do. Seeing as how Halloween is this month we decided to work on something a little spookier for this month’s mood. October’s room is an office/den space inspired by the home of the Addams Family. Steal the style if it is for your or just steal some ideas to add a little Halloween fun to your home for the holiday.
- Silk Road Damask – Royalty Wallcovering from MDC – We love the look of this wallcovering and chose to feature it in a dramatic shade of purple with metallic accents. This adds a beautiful texture to the walls with the natural slubs of the silk. This is a great way to get an older feeling to the room, without it looking like the room is actually old.
- Rattan Chair Emmanuelle from Maisons du Monde – Inspired by Morticia’s chair from the original television show this chair is a much more fun option for behind the desk than your typical office chair (lets face it, there was nothing typical about the Addams Family). Use this chair to add another touch of glamour and drama to your space.
- White FAUX Polar Bearskin Rug from FringeCollection on Etsy – This limited edition rug assembled by hand is the perfect addition to your spooky space. Of course this is a faux bearskin rug. We just learned you cannot bring polar bear into the United States (not that we would, we like the faux version). Add a cozy touch to your space while keeping up the glamour with one of the rarest bearskins you can have.
- 7001-60 AM French Writing Desk from Nancy Corzine – We love this desk for its classic French curves and traditional style that it lends to the space. It adds a more ornate piece of furniture to the mix without going over the top, which is why it pairs with our dramatic chair so well.
- Hand-Carved Wood Catalina Goat Trophy Head from Restoration Hardware – An Addams family inspired space would not be complete without some taxidermy. Again, we decided to take the faux taxidermy route and found this gorgeous wood version. Each piece is hand carved and completely unique, just like the real animals, no two are alike.
- UNG Drill Mirror from IKEA – We just love the ornate nature of this mirror and its affordable price. We chose the black color to complement the soft greys and purples in the room and the table it is setting over. With its affordable price you can add this mirror to your Halloween décor as well.
- Black Baroque Mermaid Candelabra from Baroque, Baroque – This is another amazing piece that can work with the room we have put together or on its own as part of your Halloween decorations. This tall candelabra adds a touch of spookiness to the space. If using for decorations for the season add some fake cobwebs to the mix to really make it frightening.
- Angelica Long Stemmed Porcelain Rose form Touch of Class – This rose is handcrafted and hand painted porcelain. We know Morticia loved to cut the heads off the roses, but we think we will keep this one on.
- Rhino Sculpture from Martsart on Etsy – We couldn’t resist adding another animal element to the mix and fell in love with this gold rhino. It is handcrafted from polymer clay and painted with black and gold paints giving it that rich finish and great dimension.
- Regents Row Alexis Console Table in Albion Gold – We chose this table for its gold finish and style. The legs and shape of the base have the French curves we loved in the desk in this room and the added detailing play off the ornate nature of the mirror and candelabras making it the perfect mix of styles to fit perfectly into this offbeat space.
- Victorian Window Treatments – This is an example of a Victorian window treatment from a book that was made in the 1880’s. This is the perfect style for our Addams Family inspired space. We imagine them in a rich black velvet with satin details and black tassel tiebacks.
- Horn Loveseat – This seat is just amazing. Made with a gorgeous green velvet upholstery and horns for legs and added details it is a great conversation piece and a work of art. This image is my own; I took it years ago while visiting Buchannan, Michigan over the Thanksgiving holiday. We went shopping in the downtown area, which is one small town street lined with cute shops. This was found in a shop with lots of furniture and home décor. I never would have imagined finding such a fancy store on that street. If anyone knows the store let us know. I loved it the moment I saw it and thought it would be perfect for this month’s space.
- Shearling Stools with Hoof Feet, Pair from One Kings Lane – One last animal touch to the space to make it complete and these pair wonderfully with our Horn Loveseat.
Check back later this month for a great Addams Family inspired Holiday DIY Project!