This month you are either going to be enjoying spring or still wishing spring was finally here. In honor of that we figured this month would be devoted to a tropical getaway. All month long we will be sharing how you can bring a touch of the topics into your home. We are starting with our ideas for a great screened in porch. We envision this as a place you can get away to enjoy the cool breeze that would blow through the room, relax, read a book or magazine and or sleep the afternoon away. It is also a great place to entertain guests and hang with friends and family.
- Tamsin Chinois Daybed from Horchow – We cannot think of a more comfortable way to relax than on a canopy daybed. This is the perfect piece of furniture to serve as a couch or as a comfortable place to take a nap in the afternoon. Use the canopy top of hang some sheer white curtains from the sides to blow in the breeze.
- Tamsin Blue Chinoiserie Outdoor Wing Chair from Neiman Marcus – This is the perfect side chair to add a pop of color to the space. This chair will also stand up to the elements and adds a great sense of tropical style to the space.
- Rustic Chic Coffee Table from Woodland Creek Furniture – We love the two tones of wood used on the top of this table. It adds almost a Polynesian feel to the space.
- Sedgewick Bar Cart from Shop Society Social – We love the faux bamboo look of this table and the pop of gold adds a more sophisticated feel to your tropical room. This is the perfect piece of furniture for drinks when entertaining guests or to hold some water and iced tea when you are relaxing by yourself. It will save a trip back to the kitchen for refills and will help to turn your screened in patio into a party station.
- Tropical Area Rug form PlushRugs.com – Add a pop of color to your floor with a leaf patterned area rug.
- 7. & 8. – We are in love with the Jenna Synder-Phillips Flamingo Art sold by Jonathan Adler – From the moment I first saw these I had to use them somewhere and I love them in this room. From left to right – (6) “Claude & Julian, (7) “Flock”, and (8) “Pinkerton”
Also shown you will notice the driftwood detail under the title for the mood board. This would make great flooring in the space or go one step further and do painted wood flooring with the driftwood lining the ceiling!